Sunday, September 30, 2012

Designing with my Cameo

This week I played along again over at The Cameo Spotlight blog.  The challenge this time around involved using triangles.

For some reason, I had this design in my head:


This is the first time I designed something "from scratch" on my Cameo.  I design a lot of titles, but that entails using either a font I already have or, like the Wizard of Oz title in my last post, finding something on the Internet and tracing it.  This time, I actually started with a blank page and, using the drawing tools, created this cut file.  There are a few places that aren't "perfect" in my slightly OCD brain, but I didn't want to spend hours and hours on it.  I'm still pretty happy with how it turned out, and it was fun to do.  What you can't see in the photo very well is how pretty the papers are.  They all have a slight shimmer to them.  The background was actually a scrap I had, and then I happened to have solid papers that coordinated.  This has inspired me to try designing some other things.  It can be time consuming, but so rewarding when you finish!

5 comments:

  1. This design is Sooo COOL! it reminds me of a stained glass window. So glad you played in the Triangle Challenge at The Cameo Spotlight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this!! I agree with Jackie, it does look like stained glass. I love how you have the special little spot for the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First time?! You did great, Beth! The cut looks awesome! Love how you find scraps to match! :) Thank you for joining us in the triangle challenge! Happy crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you designed this by yourself - it's really cool! Thanks so much for playing with us at the Cameo Spotlight Challenge - we're so glad you did!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very, very cool Beth! Isn't it awesome how the Silhouette can cut such a delicate design! Kudos to you for designing such a cool cut file:) Thanks for playing along with us at The Cameo Spotlight!

    ReplyDelete